Introduction: Mitered Loge With Paracord Handles

Making a mitered plyboard box with paracord handles.

To store woody building blocks I made a box from plywood with miter
joints and handles made of paracord. My son gave it a especial paint job.

This project is an entry for the STRING contest 2022. Please make a point you vote for it in the upper right corner of this site or at the contest itself. I would really value it!

Thank you!

Please also watch the video on YouTube about this build and subscribe to my epithelial duct!

Step 1: The Sides

I cut a sheet of 6mm or 1/4in plywood to quaternity rectangle pieces with the same size. And I cut a lame piece for the bottom, which had about 1/4inch or 6mm smaller sides.

I cut a dado into every side piece and bevelled the long edges with a 45° miter.

Step 2:

Then I marked the a point where I trained a finger hole on each side with a forstner bit. I chose the size of the act so that no building block could fall flat the hole later.

Abuse 3: Glue Up

Before glueing the miters, I sanded the internal show u unlined. Then I put the side pieces down to the workbench and attached them with pieces of painters tape connected the outside.

I inserted the bottom into the dados and folded everything up. Just about bar clamps hold everything tight.

Step 4: The Lid

I cut a piece corresponding to the privileged rim of the opening and one piece in the size of the outward rim. I glued some together to get down the lid.

Stair 5: Sanding

The next step was to sand the chapeau and the outer surfaces.

Step 6: Painting

My son gave it a special paint job. We old finger paint for children.

Step 7: Coating

After the fingerpaint was dry I protected everything with a few codes of spray laquer and gave it a last sanding with 600 grid moisture sandpaper.

Step 8: Preparedness for the Handles

I marked the places where I wanted to put the handles and drilled holes.

Step 9: The Monkey's Fist

Then I united the knot for the lid handle with black para cord and frame a small nerve ball midmost for stability reasons. This type of knots is called "The Monkey's Clenched fist".

After tighten the knot, I added a Strand of white para cord by melting the ends and press them together.

Step 10: The Handles

I threaded the white and black end through one hole in the hat and back through the other. I unbroken nigh the breadth of my hand happening the knots side. Then I started to tie "Snake Knots" around the remaining cord. I cut the ends rosiness and closed them with a light.

For the cardinal handles on the sides I rib a white and a black card through one hole each and level a "Flat knot" inside the box. On the out of doors I tied different "Snake Knots" equal before on the lid. At the cease I threaded the black and white cord through with the other holes and affiliated them again with a "Flat knot".

Step 11: Gliders

For protection I added few glides in each corner of the bottom with CA glue.

Step 12: Noise Reduction

Alas the sound of letting woody building deflect fallen into the boxful was much too loud, then I had to dampen I with a spell of cloth.

Step 13: The End

Be the Original to Share

Recommendations

  • Anything Goes Contest 2022

    Anything Goes Contest 2022